St Patrick’s BNS Ringsend
This document records the outcomes of our current digital learning plan, including targets and the actions we will implement to meet the targets.
1.1 School Details:
- St Patrick’s BNS is a vertical school for boys with a current enrolment of 132. We have 10 teachers and 1 ISA. We have 6 classroom teachers, 3 SE Teachers and an administrative Principal. Most of our pupils come from the local area but some travel from other parts of the city to attend our school. Currently we have a bank of 36 tablets for pupils to use. Each teacher has a laptop and interactive whiteboard. We have Wi-Fi in the school but it is in the process of being improved and extended. Our current SSE Focus is the development of Reading Comprehension skills.
1.2 School Vision:
- In our school we believe that digital technology should be used for teaching, learning and assessment across the curriculum. We feel strongly that digital technology needs to be an integral part of the teaching and learning in our school. The management will promote a culture of collective, collaborative and reflective practice amongst staff when using digital technologies. It is our aim that pupils will have access to digital technologies and we will match future investment to the learning needs of our pupils.
- We want to use Digital Learning as a fun, exciting, engaging and creative medium for expression wherby the pupils in our school can create meaningful digital content. We also hope to utilise digital technologies to enhance the learning of our pupils with special and additional needs.
1.3 Brief account of the use of digital technologies in the school to date:
- Pupils currently use digital technology to source information, complete tests and tasks and play educational games but rarely to create their own digital content.
2. The focus of this Digital Learning Plan
We undertook a digital learning evaluation in our school during the period November to December. We evaluated our progress using the following sources of evidence:
- Pupil Focus Group ( Student Council)
- Teacher questionnaire and meeting feedback.
- Parental survey (Parents’ Association)
2.1 The dimensions and domains from the Digital Learning Framework being selected
- Teaching and Learning: Learning Outcomes
2.2 The standards and statements from the Digital Learning Framework being selected
|Pupils enjoy their learning, are motivated to learn and achieve as learners.||Pupils use appropriate digital technologies to foster active engagement in attaining appropriate learning outcomes.|
2.3. These are a summary of our strengths with regards digital learning
- We have a good stock of equipment.
- Some pupils are proficient in using digital technology.
- Funding is available to purchase new equipment if needed.
- Teachers are willing to upskill and gain CPD about new technologies.
2.4 This is what we are going to focus on to improve our digital learning practice further
- Extend and improve our school Wi-Fi to reach all classrooms.
- Staff will engage in CPD in order to facilitate a greater use of digital technologies by pupils.
- Staff will collaborate and support each other in trialling and working with new digital technology equipment, apps and websites.
- Staff will design suitable activities for pupils to use digital technologies to enhance learning in various curricular areas.
- Pupils to be taught about internet safety and digital citizenship.
3. Our Digital Learning plan
On the next page we have recorded:
- The targets for improvement we have set
- The actions we will implement to achieve these
- Who is responsible for implementing, monitoring and reviewing our improvement plan
- How we will measure progress and check outcomes (criteria for success)
As we implement our improvement plan we will record:
- The progress made, and adjustments made, and when
- Achievement of targets (original and modified), and when
Digital Learning Action Plan
|DOMAIN: (From Digital Learning Framework) Learner Outcomes|
|STANDARD(S): (From Digital Learning Framework) Pupils enjoy their learning, are motivated to learn and achieve as learners.|
|STATEMENT(S): (From Digital Learning Framework)Pupils use appropriate digital technologies to foster active engagement in attaining appropriate learning outcomes.|
|TARGETS: (What do we want to achieve?) Pupils will create and share curricular-based digital content, appropriate to their class level, once per month.|
|ACTIONS(What needs to be done?)||TIMEFRAME(When is it to be done by?)||PERSONS / GROUPS RESPONSIBLE(Who is to do it?)||CRITERIA FOR SUCCESS(What are the desired outcomes?)||RESOURCES(What resources are needed?)|
|Teachers to upskill on use of ICT and familiarise themselves with apps and websites.Permission to be sought from parents regarding e-portfoliosPurchase of new tablets and apps.Green screen/sheets to be bought.CPD summer courses in digital learning to be undertaken by interested teacher.Senior Infants to work with Botley robotics.Kahoot, DoInk, SeeSaw, padlet, Spark and mentimeter to be trialled.Use of child-safe search engines to be encouraged.Promotion of good digital citizenship.Internet safety to be at forefront of teaching.Increased use of school website to publish work.||End 2019||All teachers to engage in this process. DP and P to oversee.||All children are using digital technology productively in class by end 2019.||Ipads/tabletsApps/websitesLaptopsGreen screensRobotic equipment|
|EVALUATION PROCEDURES:(How are we progressing? Do we need to make adjustments? Have we achieved our targets?)|
|Progress will be discussed at monthly staff meetings.|