Student Mobile Phone Policy
*THIS POLICY REFERS NOT ONLY TO MOBILE PHONES BUT ALSO TO ANY TYPES OF ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT CAPABLE OF RECORDING SOUND OR IMAGES INCLUDING HAND-HELD COMPUTERS, I-PODS, SMART WATCHES, FITNESS TRACKERS, TOYS, MP3 PLAYERS, DICTAPHONES AND DIGITAL CAMERAS.
Mobile phones are NOT allowed in the school or on school trips.
This policy is to ensure that:
- Classes are not interrupted by the sound of mobile phones.
- Students are not late for class due to talking/texting on their phones.
- Students are concentrating on their work rather than texting or playing with their phones.
- Text/Photo/Video bullying/intimidation do not occur.
- Each individual’s privacy is safeguarded.
Censures for possession of mobile phones:
If a mobile phone is found during school hours, it will be confiscated immediately and given to the Principal.
A confiscated phone may be collected by the parent/guardian of the student concerned 1 week from the date of confiscation.
If a second offence occurs, the phone will be confiscated for 4 weeks.
Refusal to hand over a mobile phone by a student may result in suspension after the issue has been referred to the Board of Management.
Students who need to communicate with parents/guardians (and vice versa) may do so by using the school phone (6606825)
If in the case of an emergency, a parent can request for a child to take in his mobile phone but the phone or device must be switched off outside the school gate and given to the class teacher to lock the device away until home time.
Please refer any queries to Mr. Lane
Ratified by BOM Jan 2020